Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Week 69 "I chose the right"

Week 69

The theme of the primary program yesterday was "Choose the Right." And Jon leans over to us at church and says, "Sisters na sa isip ko na I chose the right kasi nagsimba ako." or "Sisters I think I chose the right because I came to church."  That just put a big smile on my face. Grateful for little miracles everybody. They really do happen. :) 

Jon Grullo--our investigator, came to church to see his kids in the Primary Program!


Dear family and friends, 

Hope everyone had an awesome week. Our week was so tiring that I even took the elevator 3 times this week to go up to the third floor...sad life, and my knees have even started to hurt haha. Like have I turned into my Dad?---no offense dad, I love you and hope your knee is feeling better. But anyway...it's always a rewarding week though when you get to see the fruits of your labors. Matvei gave the closing prayer in Sacrament and we gotta see some investigators come to church.  Always a tender mercy EVERY time you see an investigator at church, well at least for me it is. 

Lets get right to it. JON GRULLO. Oh man we just love the guy. He is the husband of a recent convert. And I guess back then he wanted NOTHING to do with the missionaries but God does soften peoples hearts and he is doing so awesome. We taught him two times this week and he came to church this week to see his 2 cute kids in the primary program. All the members were so good with him. I really loved our lesson on the Word of Wisdom this week...he is a heavy smoker...but we are really seeing him put trust and faith in the Lord. The thing he kept repeating back to us...that he knows that his body is from God so he needs to take care of it. So we are kind of helping him ween off of cigarettes and he accepted baptism for December, so he can be baptized with his daughter turning 8. So awesome! 

That was the best part of the week for sure...also had exchanges this week with Sister Ramirez where I met the coolest guy named Esteve. He is like 80 years old but wants to be baptized. SO awesome. Also talked with a guy from Europe...haha I tried to introduce us. "Yeah so um we are um mormons..you could come to our...church, yeah...its really close." It was terrible. English is escaping me haha...that sounds so lame but its so true.  We had awesome exchanges. I again am realizing that I am the one learning from these sisters. They are so great. 

Tatay Esteve...met him on exchanges. He's gonna get baptized

End things off with Liza..talked about her last week. She is doing good too...slower on the progressing but she has an awesome support system. Her daughter is taking temple prep, and she lives with members.  We read the introduction of the book of mormon with like 5 of us there. And it was really fun...it felt like a book club and we had to try to control all the ladies from getting off topic and telling stories. MAN its rough...I felt like a referee.  But she is doing good...she has been taught before so we are just really trying to help her feel the spirit. Shoot some prayers for her. 

Those are the best moments of the week..we have been doing a lot of finding in our area and its always the best to teach people for the first time and to tell about the restoration.  So blessed to be doing what I am doing. 

Finish off with a spiritual thought...I finished Jesus the Christ this week and it felt SO awesome to complete it. Its been like 4-5 months in the making. And I shut the book..and just thought, "okay what did I learn?" Simply I think I really have a testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ. That he really atoned for us...and I really do have a testimony that he will come again. I really do feel the truth of the scriptures...its been so fun to rediscover scriptures that I love and the history of Christ's life. I am also grateful for the atonement..that we have a chance to have fresh starts and clean slates.  Heavenly Father has given us that gift...and really is there nothing better than knowing we can have a fresh start to our life as many times as we need because of the atonement?  So awesome. 

Have a good week everyone :) 

Love, 
Sister Zarbock 



MEGA MALL :) There are sooooo many malls here
Mega Mall
Us at the Mega Mall
Just the outdoor market

......and a pig head
At the Elders baptism :)

Teaching Jon Grullo and his family
We had our LUAU PARTAYYYYYY!


Taho--its this hot drink. Its so good. Someone stands at the bottom of
your apartment building and yells. "TAAAAHOOOOO" and then you
come down with your own cup and he fills it up. SO GOOD. 







No comments:

Post a Comment