Sunday, October 1, 2017

Week 70 Cinderella and Freeze Dance

Week 70

We had an FHE with some sisters in our stewardship because they are the only sisters in their ward. So yes we did exercise our unrighteous dominion to help them out ;) haha kidding. But it was the ward I used to serve in...so I gotta see all my friends from the ward.  We played these 2 games. Cinderella was girls against guys and they all put their shoes in a big pile and then one by one have to run and go get their shoes. the guys lost cause Tatay Esteve was too slow...haha so funny. And we played freeze dance...holy cow they were SO good at dancing. 

We helped the sisters out with their FHE with the ward...just happened
to be my last area. SO SO FUN. 


Dear Family and Friends, 

Hello everyone. Happy Conference weekend...haha but not yet for us. But I am excited for this weekend. Conference is always like Christmas for a missionary.  And the weird part is that this will be my last general conference of my mission. SO weird. Someone asked me at church yesterday how many months I was out...And I was like oh 13...which is what I have been saying for a few months now hahaha. This is my 16th being a missionary. Weird, still feel like I am on month 1. I think missions have a way of making you feel like you have NO idea what you are doing 99 percent of the time. Good thing we have the spirit, gift of tongues, companions, the Book of Mormon, living day seers and revelators...or for sure would not be where I am today.  

Anyway, we had a good week. We get a call from the APs on Monday night and told us that we had Zone Conference on Tuesday. AND they said we had an hour gap to fill with our lesson....so at like 8:30 at night there we were scrambling to get a lesson together. But we had an awesome lesson. They told us to talk about how we can move our investigators to progressing. So we talked about "gentle pressure." Which basically was being that gentle guide for investigators to exercise their own faith to want to change, that they figure it out for themselves. I compared it to Alma 1:26 about how we are no better than the learners and Matthew 10:16...how we need to be wise but kind.  It was actually cool. Again...grateful for the spirit and Book of Mormon. 

We had an awesome Zone Conference...President Fermanis likes to do 3 hours of straight doctrine so my notes are like 5 pages long.  But I really loved the part when Sister Fermanis told us to look at lyrics to, "Lord I Would Follow Thee." And compare it to how we should treat our companion. And I just took it in a general way as well. That we need to be "our brothers keeper" and not judge because we all "walk imperfectly." I really liked that.

Zone Conference :)
Zone Conference pic
With Sister Fermanis--Zone Conference

JON is still going strong. :) He came to church this week...happiest feeling when they come in late and we all have treats, colored pencils, and picture books to keep all the kids occupied. His wife Aylene bore her testimony about how God shields her family. They live in a really sketchy part of our area...so she said she's grateful for guardian angels. And we taught Plan of Salvation this week with Jon. It was awesome...he had so many questions.  He really is so good. We love their cute family. 

We are at the finding and punting stages of our missionary work....we find, we teach, we come back, no one's there/they are busy...but thats how it goes. It makes it all worth it when we come into our lesson with Jon. Instead of focusing on teaching we had kind of more of a service attitude this week. Needless to say, I helped a lot of nanays hang their clothes.  

All in all we had a good week. :) 

End things off on a spiritual note...I probably attended one of the most spiritually uplifting baptisms on Saturday. It was the sisters baptism from our stewardship and from my last last area. I chatted with Lita for like 20 minutes and we told all of our stories of her not letting us in her house and all of the times she said she was busy. She kinda got emotional and told us thanks for not giving up on her.  Holy cow I got so emotional. And then the second counselor in the bishopric spoke and told of the missionaries that taught him and his family.  He said that he knew the gospel was true because when there was a flood outside of their house waist deep...the missionaries still came.  One of the missionaries that taught him was President Trask....president of the Philippines MTC when I was there.  

Lita's baptism!


This work is true, the gospel is SO awesome. Despite long days and not knowing where to go next cause all of your appointments fall through...it makes it all worth it when you hear people say a thank you or stories like this. Makes me want to be a better person :) 

Love you all, 
Sister Zarbock 

More FHE pics!
They gave us so much food to take home :)
Our pizza party after the baptism!
This is proof that there really is a place called Mandaluyong.
Its a real name. This was just in our area. 
Dinner with the Bautista family...PASCO NA :) It's
Christmas NOW!
Dinner at Bautista's
Dinner with the Aquino's

















No comments:

Post a Comment