Monday, October 23, 2017

Week 73 "Tutira mai nga iwi, tatou tatou e" -Maori Song

Week 73

We learned this sweet Maori song from New Zealand at the training meeting earlier this week. It had a cool islander dance to go with it. It was SOOO awesome :) 

Dear Family and Friends, 

Hope you all had an awesome week this week. Mine was super full and had lots of changes...love change so much haha :) Transfers were on Wednesday and I have just begun the last transfer of my mission. SO crazy. And Sister Cudo is my new trainee! I'll be training her for my last 6 weeks..could not be more excited. She is so awesome and so ready to work. Have to admit..its suuuper weird to be teaching Sister Cudo all the basic things of mission...I get the weirdest flash backs...like I forget that I was like her once upon a time ago. But she brings that new missionary energy and spirit and that has helped us OODLES this week. I love new missionaries...they bless an area like NO other. 

Me and my new anak :)  Meet Sister Cudo my trainee!  If I
wanted to chill for my last 6 weeks--totally not happening
With President Fermanis

And first off I just wanted to wish my little brother Clay a happy birthday! I guess he is not so little anymore. But you are forever little in my eyes! :) Haha, can't believe you are 18 dude...sooo weird. I hope you have a good day and mom cooks ya anything you want. Can't wait to see ya real soon :) 

We had an awesome this week...my poor anak didn't really have a break. Her first day we went straight to substitute teach for seminary. SO awesome!  We had a good time. We taught about the restoration and missionary work. I feel like the teenagers here know a lot more than I did when I was their age.  They had such cool insights. Grateful to have done that. 

We were the substitute teachers on Sister Cudo's first day

Also we had a cool lesson with Jon the other day...in my personal study early that morning I kind of got this thought that we needed to move Jon's baptismal date earlier and I was super confused cause it would throw off his whole Word of Wisdom thing we have going on. But we came up with a plan to teach Priesthood and that he would be able to have the opportunity to baptism his daughter if we moved up his baptismal date. So we practice taught it earlier that day. And so we go into the lesson...we followed up his Word of Wisdom and he said that he went back to 5 cigarettes that day. Just feels stressed. And I didn't know if we should go forward with the lesson and I didn't have a companion to really clarify if we should move forward cause it was Sister Cudo's 2nd day haha. 

So we went through with it. And I think this might have been the most powerful lesson of my mission. When we taught about the power of the priesthood and I testified that I know that my dad had authority from God and that this is the only place to find that restored authority. Then we invited him to be baptized on November 18th. he seemed a little hesitant so we invited him to pray about it. Next day was Sunday...and he got a blessing from the bishop. And Aylene (his wife) had the biggest smile on her face the whole day. I didn't ask about how he felt but we will follow up with him tonight or Tuesday. Sunday was literally such a perfect Sunday for him...all of the talks and lessons were so great for his situation. I think he might have a job coming out of the wood works for him. SO cool.  Lesson learned: always go with your first prompting. 

Also Jessica Barruga came to church yesterday...power of my anak is so real...And she was just kind of our buddy the whole day.  We had such an awesome lesson with her this week...she basically taught us.  You just find the coolest people here. 

Jessica Barruga came to church this week :) SWEET!!
And we picked up the Grullos daughter on the way to church

Finish things off with Jimmy....so Jimmy and his future wife have been coming to church for a little bit. They live out of our area but they love this ward and are getting Jimmy's annulment figured out so they can get married. They wanna move into this area but missionaries aren't allowed to go to his aunts house where they are staying right now. He has such a cool life story and his future wife is a long time member who's husband died.  Come to find out they are actually living the Law of Chastity. So we just decided to teach them...Gave him a date for November 18th. Hopefully with Jon! :) Should be sweet if it works out. 

On a spiritual note...Had an awesome experience the last 3 months to complete the Young Women's personal progress again.  It was really such a cool thing. I did it when I was like13 but I feel like I had so much extra time at night and during lunch to complete it again.  I just got recognized in the training meeting for completing that :) So that was really cool...really helped me to just build my self worth and realize I'm a daughter of God. I think I always need that reminder :) 

Love you all, have a good week 

Love, 
Sister Zarbock 


Earned my YW Medallion again--and my honor bee :)
With Sister Fermanis--YW Medallion stuff
Old friends at the training meeting :)
Training meeting
Last day with Sister Baldelomar in the area--with Jon Grullo & family
Last day with Sister Baldelomar
Our new STL's visiting us :)  Sooo glad I'm not an STL anymore!!!
I used to visit this family...they were less active and now their
youngest daughter just got baptized.  SO SWEET!
This is where we buy lunch everyday...lots of different ulam :)








No comments:

Post a Comment