Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Week 72 "baby shark do do do do do baby shark..."

Week 72

Is this like a thing now? Are people dancing to baby shark in America too? Its literally on EVERYWHERE here, my goodness. Everyday I dance with the kids in the street to this song. Just picture that for a second haha :) 

Dear Friends and Family, 

Well...we are emailing on a different day this week....cause the internet was not working out for us yesterday. So after 3 computer shops we gave up and decided to email on Tuesday.  But still grateful to be emailing all of you. Dude I am not gonna lie I personally had a long week this week.  Sometimes when you have to have a hard shell on all the time, it gets a little tiring. But, that's why I think this week was SO rewarding for me. Heavenly father really just knows what to put in your path to make things better and endurable. Sometimes He needs to let ya grow and stumble...but my favorite is just that comforting feeling that you know there is something bigger than yourself in the world. 

Starting out was when we had 2 rounds of exchanges. I was left in the area for 2 days and it was lots of fun.  Its so fun to just have someone else to teach with and talk to. So Sister Tureman, from Arkansas, was talking to me....and she is like, "I feel like you've been here forever..." Haha tell me about it... I remember when she came out in the field. But I had a great couple of days with them.  

Exchanges this week--Sister Romano
Exchanges--Sister Tureman is from Arkansas

And when I was on exchanges with Sister Rimando we went to go teach Jon Grullo. And when we walked in...I could just tell something was wrong or something happened. So we start chatting with him and his wife and he told us that he had lost his job earlier that day. And apart of me was like HEAVENLY FATHER WHY? He is such a good dad and husband, why would this happen? But then that feeling immediately followed that...this is his test to see what he will do when trials come his way.  So we had an awesome lesson about trusting in the Lord.  And his wife bore her testimony. She just loves her husband so much. 

Also we just had some really good lessons with our other investigators.  It was just a lot of tender mercies as far as teaching goes. We taught a new family...the Barruga family. And they have such an awesome spirit about them. We had MTC exchanges and Sister Eyslee was my companion from California.  And it is such a breath of fresh air when you get to go out with an MTC missionary. They are so new and fresh, gives you extra inspiration and missionary spirit :) Love that. 

Also we met up with some referrals that were given to us a while back, Benedict and Michelle. Hopefully we can teach them again.  They are siblings who went to church back in the province but work in Manila. He had some awesome questions. So hopefully we will come back. 

Finish things off on a spiritual note. There was just a lot going on in my head the other day as we were riding on the jeepney to our area. And so I just decided to open the Book of Mormon and I opened to Alma 42:14...and it was what I just needed in my life.  It talks about "judging righteously," "deal justly," and to "do good continually..." And then if we do all of that...we will be "rewarded." Whatever is going on around us...if we do what's right, God will bless us. Kinda something simple..but it meant a lot to me this week. 

Okay love you all have a good week. 

Love, 
Sister Zarbock


MTC Exchanges--Sister on left is from California :)
With the Villamel family
District Picture
Zone Picture

Laser Tag--we had so much fun with our District last week
that we went again with our Zone this week!






















No comments:

Post a Comment