Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Week 71 "Mr. E. X. Perience .. man sometimes I hate that guy"

Week 71

Haha we were in MLC a few days ago and we were talking about how we learn from our mistakes. Something like that...then my mission president goes, "hey you know who the best teacher is? Mr. E. X. Perience." Wrote it up on the board...then he just sits down and goes..."man sometimes I hate that guy." Haha so funny...but it's so true how we learn from our experiences. Fun Stuff. 

At MLC (Mission Leadership Conference)



Dear Fam and Frenz, 

So grateful to be emailing you this morning. Just had an awesome weekend of conference :) Isn't conference just the best thing ever? I feel like I could conquer the world after watching it. Grateful for revelation from our prophets and apostles. Sad to not see our prophet there and the passing of Elder Hales. But I just have peace in my heart that God really does have a plan. Its sooo awesome to know that we have a life after this one.  

I really can't believe its been another week. Its really the craziest time ever. Always so much to do and I feel like when my head hits the pillow every night I just collapse.....which is a good feeling. Can't wait to tell you a little bit about our week.  

So John...the saving grace in this area. We look forward to his lesson always. This week it kinda was a sweet reminder to me that life isn't always perfect but we can make it work wherever we are. It was kind of a hard week for the Grullo family...nothing super crazy happened, just struggles in everyday life. Their kid Turdy doesn't wanna go to school, Aylene was tired from selling her sausage, John came home to screaming kids...so when we were having a lesson with them Friday, we kinda felt impressed to just share with them about eternal families and that even though life is kind of messy sometimes...we can have eternity together.  Our life is short. It was a sweet moment with them. 

As we were OYMing one day this week...we found the Barruga family. The Nanay just let us into the house and we started chatting with her and her daughter. Then we started teaching and came back again and taught her husband too. They are an awesome family.  So we will see. Their last child had a heart condition and then the Dad told us that he believes God answers prayers. As simple as going around from house to house is, God really puts such awesome people in your path. 

Then most of the week was spent watching conference so I am gonna do another round robin of one liners I loved. :) 
-No is responsible for your personal journey
-"Who needs me today?"
-Choose the Lord's way not the world's way
-I am a pencil in his hand
-Internalize the qualities of Christ
-We all come to our ourselves in this life..usually more than once" 
-Don't 'do you,' 'do God.'
-Its not an accident...its divine design
-How precious is the Book of Mormon to you? 
-Make and Take time for the Savior
-Sometimes we run so fast...we forget where we are going 
-How we respond is a choice\
-Remember to put Jesus in the center of your life everyday
-Sometimes you are the angel, sometimes you are being served by the angel -- but we all have the spirit with us
-Where are your footsteps taking you? 
-Don't put permanent labels on others
-Hard is Good. 
-Don't know all things but I have paid the price to know enough
-Do 1-4 happy 
-Don't have to prove your special 
-Mad, sad, or glad?

Just had SO many things i loved about conference--and it really made me think of not only where am I going in my life but more importantly the WHY.  Hope you all have a good week. 

Love, 
Sister Zarbock 

Great catching up with old companions at MLC!  Sister Lubas.......
Sister Gabriel (center).......
Sister Singer......
And let's not forget current companion, Sister Baldelomar :)
District activity--Laser Tag!

Some rich member in Manda 5th asked us to dinner.  
Holy cow, his wife is like some famous model. 
 This house was awesome--they even have CARPET!
Coming home from Conference :)

Got the Halloween package!  Thanks Jules!!!
This is Turdy. The son of Aylene and John Grullo. We were waiting for his dad
to come home so we played POGES. Haha have Jack explain to you. I have
watched kids played it like my whole mission...thats what I am holding in the
picture with him. Also gave him stuff from your last package. LOVED IT.
This kid creamed me though..







No comments:

Post a Comment