Monday, October 30, 2017

Week 74 "I am gonna make some 'bros'"

Week 74

So I was sitting next to Jon Grullo during the 3rd hour and there was an announcement about an upcoming ward activity. They are going to a dragon fruit farm...so lame, its out of mission boundaries so we can't go.  But I asked Jon if he and his family were going. He said, "no, I am just going"...so I asked why wasn't his family going...and he said, "Aylene (his wife) is sending him alone so he can make friends in the ward". Haha I just laughed and laughed. I said, "So you are gonna make some 'bros'?" And he looked all confused. I told him that my brother has a friend group and they call themselves the "bros". So he was like...ooohhh...."Yes, I am gonna make some bros!" Hahaha sooo funny :) 

Dear family and frenz, 

Grateful to be emailing you this week. And shout out HAPPY HALLOWEEN :) Where did October even go??  Kids have been running around...I have run out of candy 3 times. But we had a great week.  Sister Cudo and I have been hitting the ground running in our area and its been super rewarding to find new investigators, revisit some past investigators...we have been having a lot of fun.  

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!



We had some awesome activities for the week...one of them was our Ward Family Home Evening. We had a lot of fun with that. I always love FHE's with the ward.  Such a fun way to get all the ward pumped about missionary work! 

Ward FHE
Jon Grullo and family at Ward FHE :)  Love this family!

One of the best things that happened this week was when we walked into the Grullo's house and Aylene and Jon were super smiley and were cooking...we were like what is going on...and then Jon told us that he FOUND A JOB. It was the coolest thing of my life. He will be a Pizza Hut delivery driver. Didn't like Pizza Hut all that much...but now its my favorite place in the world. It is so awesome cause he was super worried that he wouldn't find a job that didn't have work on Sunday....but his manager actually turns out is Mormon. God literally just opened up the windows of heaven for him.  So great. We are happy for their cute family.  He is still having Word of Wisdom problems...so we are still working on that with him. His baptismal date probably has to move back but...its just been awesome to be a part of his conversion. 

Barruga family is doing so good.  Jessica..who went to church last week...actually accepted a baptismal date for November 25th. So we are getting her ready for that.  She literally is so awesome and basically teaches us the whole lesson. We love lessons with her cause she is always reading and listening.  

With Jimmy...we are trying to figure out some technical things about his anullment plans...so we might have to push his baptism back a little bit.  We love the guy. He told us yesterday, "It just feels good to be at church." Of course we agreed!  It really just gives you that peace of conscience that you always need. 

Shoot some prayers for our investigators....they need some extra love!

Finish on a spiritual note. My anak had to grab some ear drops from Sister Turner (the nurse) the other day and so we went to Sister Turner's apartment and got talking for a second. And we had a little scripture study and it was centered on the atonement.  Just grateful for my savior Jesus Christ. He really makes us the best versions of ourselves.  I have seen that in myself...that in small and simple ways he just makes me a little bit better every day. 

Love you all, 
Sister Zarbock 

Brother Bandilya--he always works with us :)
My favorite little ones in the ward
Elders & Sisters in the ward at FHE
Cute Sister Cudo :)
Zone Activity 
Sisters at Zone Activity 
Lunch with Susan--ward member who invited us to lunch on P-day!
I got just a little sunburned at the Zone activity haha
We went out to lunch to celebrate Clay's birthday :)

















No comments:

Post a Comment