Monday, November 6, 2017

Week 75 The FHE hardships...

Week 75

So we had a plan to have FHE at one of our investigators house so we told the elders to go buy pizza...but then last minute our investigator cancelled...haha so there we were with a large pizza, melting ice cream, and soda....but no place to have an FHE. After seriously 5 trial and errors...we ended up at Lanie and Rose Ann's house. They rescued us and we had a way fun night.  We showed up their door and said, "Hey we have pizza, drinks, and icecream...but no place to eat it...can you help us...."  They probably thought we were so weird. NONETHELESS...the pizza was awesome. 

Our FHE mishap turned out to be soooo fun!
Ummmmm....so that's me with the sunburn

Dear Family and Friends, 

This week was so busy and I can't believe November is already here...marks the last month of me being a missionary. But i didn't have time to think about it tons cause we had a lot going on this week.  Which is always good...busier is always better I think. We had a lot of awesome things happen this week.  I think it was one of my favorite Sundays of my mission yesterday.  We picked up some of our investigators and I sat by an 85 year old member at church...he told me he was grateful we picked him up for church. Made me smile :) The little moments kill me.... so grateful to be right where I am at.

On to the week.....  

Jon is doing AWESOME...he hasn't smoked for 2 days! We gave him a huge bag of candy and he said he has almost finished it because he said if he is always chewing something, then the desire to smoke goes away.  We had some awesome lessons with him this week. He really loves opening the scriptures in lessons..this week we read Alma 5 and 3 Nephi 9....and the Priesthood have really been stepping up to help him out and support him. Sometimes that's all anyone needs.  I told him we are gonna get him baptized before I leave and he said he really wants to be baptized by the end of this month. So throw up some prayers for Jon. He really is so great. Just a really good guy that just wants to be with his wife and kids forever.  

Jessica is also doing awesome...she came to church yesterday and I have been passing down dresses to her...she looks so cute at church.  Its so fun cause it feels like we are more friends with her than her missionaries. We love her to death...we taught her the law of chastity this week. And that was super special for me actually because we told her that we will have eternal families some day. Its really cool teaching someone my same age and kinda at my same part in life.  It was a sweet moment. Then there was the moment I forgot we were fasting and they fed us...yeahhhh I'd thought I'd learn something by now... her baptism is still for November 25th. 

Jimmy is doing good...his anullment for his marriage won't be issued until January. So we are just finishing up his teaching so he can get baptized some time in January. He is such a cool guy. 

We did some fun FHE this weeks...what's so awesome is when members find out that a missionary is going home...all of the members just want to have you at their house so we have a lot of FHE's planned for the next few weeks...we are excited!  Love the members here...they are all so nice! 

We are seeing a lot of tender mercies in our area...with our progressing investigators and some new people we found this week....so grateful to go out to work everyday.  Being a missionary is so awesome. 

Finish on a spiritual note....I loved this week that we applied Alma 5 to the Law of Chastity with Jessica because part of this commandment is to be able to evaluate our thoughts, actions, and words...make sure what we are doing is in harmony with God's standards. One questions Alma asks is, "have ye received his image in your coutenance?" And it was a really cool experience to be able to have that self reevaluation...no where near perfect but I can honestly say I have become closer to Christ than I have ever have over the last few months....its a good feeling :) 

Anyway, have a good week everyone...I love you lots! 

Love, 
Sister Zarbock 


Just hanging with some kids--this happens pretty much every night :)
Working with our ward missionaries












No comments:

Post a Comment