Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Week 77 I spy in the temple waiting room...

Week 77

So we had our ward temple trip...I feel like I have been there like 10 times in the past week. But we waited outside with Jon and his kids because Aylene went inside to do baptisms for the dead. And the kids were getting super rowdy...so we whipped out some fun games while we were chilling there. We played 'I spy' and they had to go touch the thing that I was "I spying..." But they had to WALK.  I said if they ran they were out. Best one was when I told them to go touch the temple presidents nose...hahaha it was a good time :) almost went crazy...I watched so many mormon messages I can tell ya all of the good ones...

Us going crazy in the temple waiting room
Grullo kids getting rowdy at the temple :(

Dear Family and Friends, 

Hello everyone. Hope you all had a good week. This week has been so awesome, wasn't as many things to do and places to be....just a lot of feel good moments.  I am just really grateful to be in the Philippines and meeting fun people and all that. It's really sooo fun and time just goes by too fast. I can't believe I am back in the internet shop again!  We had an awesome week of teaching and getting our investigators ready for baptism.  

One moment I really loved this week was when we had our ward temple day. Its really cool to see Recent Converts experience their first trip to the temple. And Aylene, Jon's wife, went to the temple for the first time! She did baptisms for the dead and was baptized for her mom. It was such a cool experience for her! And we finished the lessons and Jon for sure will be baptized this Saturday...we are so pumped for him!  He is so prepared and so ready. It should be an awesome day!

Grullo family at the temple--Aylene did baptisms for the dead for the first time
With Grullo family--Jon will get baptized this Saturday!!!
More peeps at ward temple day

So I actually did my last session in the Manila temple this week...super bitter sweet moment.  Lots of  feelings of gratitude to have been able to serve in such an awesome place :) 

Last session at Manila temple
Good bye Manila Temple--you've been good to me!


Jessica wasn't able to come to church this week...sadly she won't get baptized this Saturday. But we are still pumped for her baptism at a later date!  Just sad I won't be able to see it. She is doing so good though! 

We also have found some awesome people this week. One of them was a sweet Sister Emma...also came to church this week. She is like 70 haha.  We picked her up for church and everything. She's pretty spry for her age. 

Anyway...we really are just teaching and preaching away. So pumped everyday to wake up and teach the gospel.  We had a couple of awesome FHE's this week...spiritual thoughts and the food is always SO good. 



FHE this week
More FHE this week
Once again...another FHE this week :)


Finish off with a spiritual note...we had a cool FHE thought last night on Prophets. We went around the room and asked everyone to share their favorite scripture prophet and then a message from conference they liked. It was really cool to see that the messages of the prophet are of course put in different contexts and time periods...but the overall messages that we learn from the prophets are pretty timeless.  So awesome! 

Love you guys! I am on to my last week as a missionary!  Can't believe it!  have a good week everyone :) 

Love, 
Sister Zarbock


STLs stopped by for a visit












No comments:

Post a Comment