Monday, November 21, 2016

Week 25 Happy Thanksgiving from Makati :)

Week 25

Dear ya Crazy Turkeys in America, 

Hello everyone, I hope it was a great week for all of you!  Its so fun to get pictures from my brother's wedding and everything--love you all! Hope it was a day to remember.  And happy Thanksgiving this week to everyone!  So grateful to be on a mission and I am excited to have a Thanksgiving in the Philippines.  I can't believe November has come and gone, it seems like it just flew RIGHT by haha. It was a good one! This week was another full week! I am excited to tell ya all about it  

First off all I came out of transfers unscathed--I am sticking with my anak for Christmas and we are pretty excited about it. So I am staying here in Makati and will finish training cute Sister Guiuo, I couldn't be happier about it. So we will be staying here for the next six weeks.  Grateful to be here! 

This week we were able to do a temple trip with Paulie and 2 of his kids. We were able to show them around the temple and visit the MTC, it was super fun and honestly the temple is such a great place to take people--they are so interested and we had an awesome lesson with them. Just super spiritual filled lesson about temples and everything--I'm hoping for good things with his family.  But that was definitely a high light from the week.

MTC/Temple visit
Temple!
More temple :)

We had a really good lesson with some investigators this week. We dropped by one of our investigators this week--Manuel, I can't remember if I have mentioned him and all of a sudden one of his friends came up and I swear I recognized him before. And it was CESAR! Do you remember Cesar Salad guy from a few months ago? Yeah we totally found him again! We started chatting with them and set up a return appointment and Cesar actually went to our church after I OYMed (Open Your Mouth) him a few months ago and picked up a Book Of Mormon and read a lot of it...So pumped about it. :) They came with one of their friends on Sunday so we will see what goes down with them this week but I was super excited about it! 

Its kind of funny, I have been here for a few months now and its so weird how someone I OYMed a couple of months ago will turn out of the blue. It's the best thing. 

We met Sister Beth this week--a referral from one of our members, and we had a really good lesson with her. Honestly I am just learning about the power of being at the right place at the right time. God really does place prepared people...I didn't really believe that at first, but NOW I am totally a believer because it happened like 5 times this week. And we taught her about the power of the Book of Mormon. And it was just the coolest to see someone looking for the Fullness of the Gospel in one form or another and the Book of Mormon has ALL of the answers.  Beth is awesome, so we will see what happens with her too. 

So I always have a mini heart attack before going to church on Sunday and since we have 2 wards--its like a full on heart attack. You just never know if any of your Less Actives or Investigators will show up--and I have been praying all week for a new investigator for the 4th ward. Because its the English ward, sometimes its hard to contact foreigners because we don't see them as often. But Kelly came to church, and it was seriously the coolest thing. She showed up at Sacrament and we started to talk with her and ask how she heard about our church and she said she just got a feeling that she wanted to check out "the Mormons"--Kelly is from China and speaks a little bit of English so Jerry translated everything for us. Later we had a lesson with her at church and gave her a Chinese Book of Mormon and pamphlets--but its so fun cause we would talk and Jerry would translate everything. But seriously an answered prayer for me :) 

Just to finish off the week with a gratitude note cause its Thanksgiving 'n stuff...First off I am grateful it wasn't a million degrees outside this week haha.  Seriously am so grateful for the people that I am able to see and talk with everyday here. There is nothing better than sharing the message of the gospel. We worked really hard this week and its the best part of the mission to just diligently seek out those who are wanting to hear the message. 

Love you all, hope its a good one this week. 

Ingat po :) 
Sister Zeerox--that one was a new one this week!

We had our Thanksgiving a little early cause the Keys family 
is feeding us Thanksgiving on Friday :)

A sister that works with us all the time
We were a threesome for a night :)

Angelie had her baby :) I probably kissed this 
baby a million times!




No comments:

Post a Comment