Monday, March 13, 2017

Week 41 "Are you humble enough?" -President Ostler

Week 41

Something President Ostler said to me when we were talking this week in my interview--I have been thinking about it all week :) 

Dear Fam and Frenz and aso and pusa..,

Well hello all :) So grateful to be emailing this week---I feel like the weeks are getting faster and faster. I can't catch up so I am just soaking in all the moments. Missions are just awesome :) Haha a lot of unexpected things happened this week but it has been just a fun one to remember so lets get right to it :) 

So we had Zone Conference and Interviews this week--so we flew out to Manila round 2 in 3 weeks. But Zone Conference is always a blast--you get to see all your mainland friends, stay with some fun sisters, I saw my Nanay. It was definitely fun to catch up and swap stories. Also there was just an awesome message of Zone Conference about families and staying on the gospel path. I really loved it because I think before my mission I didn't really pay attention to the importance and the difference the gospel makes in my own life but seeing people that don't have the gospel and then accept the gospel--their lives are changed for the better. It just makes me want to stay worthy, live the commandments, and all that fun stuff for the rest of my life :)  So really awesome message from that. 

Zone Conference--seeing my favorite Sisters

My District at Zone Conference :)
First Round of Sisters we stayed with in Manila
Sister Holzworth--my Nanay!
Then my life got real interesting when I decided to get my throat checked up at the hospital this week haha--I have talked like a frog for the past 6 months so I was ready to figure it out. That was a fun experience to say the least. So we stayed in Manila for the rest of the week while I got that all checked out. Nothing super immediate but something with my vocal chords???  All I know is they gave me some fancy medication to take. Haha and the Doctor says this is common with Pastors and Artist singers and I made it a point to tell him that I am both of those things. So we changed houses to stay with Sister Singer which was SUPER fun :) She has a new child and it just reminds me of the glory days when I was trying to learn this crazy language. Now I know a little bit more than I did back then. Good times. We had Shakey's Pizza so you can't go wrong. 

Sisters we met up with at the hospital while I was getting my throat checked out!
Second Round of Sisters we stayed with--Sister Singer!!!
Shakeys PIZZA
So I spent the last week in my old stomping grounds of MAKATI :) What the weird am I right??? We literally had so much fun--but I do miss the little Coron branch and am so excited to go back tomorrow :) I visited Angelie, Jason and Phoebe are pregnant and still planning on being sealed in September :) super cool story with that actually. So when I started teaching them they had a miscarriage and that was a big reason why Jason wanted to baptized because he felt peace about the situation by going to church. And when I went to the temple with them to do baptisms for the dead last November Phoebe said she prayed SO hard that they could have a baby and then I was transferred but a month later she found out she was pregnant!!!!!! :) That's what she told me when I saw her at church on Sunday. So super awesome--and I cried haha. :) Tender mercy for their cute family. 

Sweet Phoebe who we baptized with her husband Jason!
So this week has been a little different just because we didn't get to work in our area haha but its been fun to be able to see all my fun friends here in Makati :) But super excited to return back tomorrow :) Thanks for the emails and thoughts from family and friends...I really REALLY appreciate and love all you :) 

Love, 
Sister Zarbock
Roger from Africa who I taught with Sister Walters.  He got baptized!
Visiting Makati 3rd Ward
Packages from home!!!  Picked them up while I was in Manila
HUMP DAY camel and T-shirt in my package!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment