Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Week 43 Maligayang Kaarawan! = Happy Birthday

Week 43


Dear Fam and Frenz,
Its so good to email you all this week :) This week was another one that was just so busy from Monday to Monday. But it was a good one for sure. So transfers this week and I was transferred back the Mainland. Little bit bitter sweet to leave my little Coron family--I love that little branch with all my heart. But I had a great last week there that I can't wait to tell ya about.

So on Tuesday we had Claudine and Jecil's baptism--and it was THE BEST DAY EVER.  We were so busy all day getting everything ready and honestly this maybe could have been the best day of my mission. It was just the happiest moment ever to see a family take such an awesome step into the gospel path. Afterward Claudine and Jecil gave their testimonies and they really are the strongest people, and they know that the gospel is true.  I feel humbled that I could just be apart of the day and not screw up the piano playing too much haha.

Claudine & Jecil baptized March 21st

Claudine and Jecil's Baptism
At the baptism
Everyone at the baptism :)

It was a great birthday in Coron, my little family here threw my a birthday party and the members of the branch are super nice.  I am really gonna miss everyone here but it feels good knowing that I was able to serve here and meet all of the members and have the experiences I have had....GREAT DAY. And pictures to come 

Maligayang Kaarawan! = Happy Birthday



Then I flew on a plane...by myself...it was actually the funnest thing of my life because I haven't been completely alone for like 10 months now haha. I met some fun peeps on the way over. But anyway...I met my new companion Sister Petras!  She is awesome. She's from up North, She speaks Pangasinan--a dialect in the Philippines. She is seriously the best. I kinda knew her before but the first thing she said to me...as we were getting to know each other a little bit... was, "I like to eat food."  I laughed and laughed and laughed.  We have gotten off to a great start. My new Area is Mandaluyong 5th ward. Sister Petras has only been here for 6 weeks with a sick companion the whole time so we are basically starting fresh. Should be fun, I am excited.

Me getting dropped off at the airport :(
Saying goodbye to Branch Pres. & Sis. Adduru at the airport
New Companion--Sister Petras :)

The people here are super nice :) I actually was less than excited to transfer but everything here is just SOOOO different. I am excited to see what God has up his sleeve for us here. The rest of the week of me having no idea where we are all the time, meeting a lot of awesome members--we are back on the mainland so we have dinner appointments, giving 2 ladies in our ward rides on their wheel chairs at church, and us just meeting the craziest people ever. So next week I'll have more of a handle on who we are teaching and everything. 

To finish on a spiritual note is this week we met a lot of members and so we stuck with 3 Nephi 14: 24-27...about the wise man (matalinong tao) and the foolish man (Hangal na tao) We did a bunch of family nights and I taught everyone the song "The wise man built his house upon the rock..." And it was super fun but I was thinking about how important it is that we have that solid foundation in the gospel so that when trials come we don't have to be afraid. Loved that thought this week. And I also just love how the gospel is the same everywhere :) Great week.
Have a good week from Mandaluyong :)
Love, 
Sister Zarbock

Members of the Coron Branch

Sister in the Coron Branch
Crazy Sister I'll miss in the Coron Branch
More Coron members
New Area--Mandaluyong

New apartment
New apartment, companion, roomies
At the Bishop's house in Mandaluyong








No comments:

Post a Comment