Monday, April 10, 2017

Week 45 Good Times in Mandaluyong

Week 45

Dear Frenz and Fam and Zoe again cause I love ya and saw lots of cute pics of you this week,

Hello everybody, I hope this week was good...I know all y'all watched Conference last week but I am on a SPIRITUAL high because we just barely got to watch it.... I just love the conference weekend soooo much. It really is the best :) Even if its a week late. Gotta throw out that shout out for the temple going to be built in THE GREAT MANILA AREA! I fist pumped myself when I heard that. GOOO Manila.  But seriously this week was another one down for the books so lets get right to it.

First off we had MTC exchanges this week and I love MTC exchanges even when I have absolutely no idea where we are going because I have only been in the area for 3 weeks.  But it is all good because I just love the look on newbie missionary faces when we go out and teach and talk to people..their eyes pop out of their heads and it just reminds me of me back in the good old days haha :) And I had an islander threesome so you can never go wrong and they can sing super well and I LOVE IT.  Goal in my life is to sing like an islander....they just have those dreamy voices that put you to sleep.

MTC Exchanges :)
MTC Exchange with my Islander Threesome!
So a couple of good things came out of this MTC exchange...Number 1 it was my goal not to get lost and I CRUSHED it. Totally didn't get lost.  I didn't find anyone super cool during my exchange but Sister Petras just SLAYED the MTC exhanges. She runs up to me after we said goodbye to all our fun companions for the day and says, "Sister Zarbock, we found a golden family." So I thought...oh okay, I will believe it when I see it...just being that super awesome supportive companion hahaha ;) 

BUT we go back the next day to go visit Sister Lita and her 11 children....yes 11...and they are all over 8. We approach her and EVERYONE I can go home a successful missionary because I found the Filipina Julie Zarbock. OH MY GOODNESS. She started chatting with us and she is PERFECT. Oh my goodness...my jaw just dropped. She read the whole pamphlet and talked about how she wants to go to a church where everyone knows each other and is friends and is like a family. It was an awesome lesson. Like I hugged that lady with everything I had and we have visited them every night since then. If she doesn't get baptized I don't know who will. SO updates on Lita to come :)
So really none of our other investigators are making awesome progress but it doesn't even phase us cause we are gonna pour everything we've got into Lita and her 11 children...BOOOOOOM we are so pumped! 

Other than that, we had a pretty solid week of Conference and Zone Meeting. At Zone Meeting some missionaries bore their testimonies and I LOVE when missionaries bare their testimony...we talked about the power of prayer.  One of my favorite Zone Meetings.

Conference is always fun because I saw all my fun Makati friends and Sister Singer brought some of my old investigators. Its so funny to see the people you never thought would ever come to church come to church.  Great things. And Conference was perfect. 

Conference Weekend!
I LOVE Conference :)
Ran into Elder Bilog (Jack's old Companion) at Conference!
Remember Phoebe and Jason (he's one of my first baptisms)
Also saw them at Conference with her cute baby bump!

I thought I would end with some of my favorite one liners from Conference.
>He wants us to come home
>He gave us our own personal Care Package
>Birth and Death are just milestones
>Judge the Sin not the Sinner 
>Our Shepherd is Unchanging 
>He doesn't want us to be sad 
>Don't let criticism dull your light
>"I am a Different Person."
>When I get tired of walking I can always run
>Be a first responder
>Do the Simple Things
>Teach out of Love and not Fear
>How Does the Holy Ghost help you?
>The Book of Mormon Speaks to us :)

Well everyone I love you all and I hope this week is another good one for you :)
Love, 
Sister Zarbock

Haha--when scriptures are written everywhere :)
Trying squid balls
Squid balls verdict--not half bad actually
Our apartment hallway which looks like a hospital hallway
Jack--this girl knows you :)
We totally made Sister Otuafi braid our hair,
Tongans are
the best at braiding
Making cookies at the mission home with Sister Ostler :)
I am a BOMB Baker now--I mean that as a good thing haha
Mom note: Abby needed baking lessons--one time she accidentally
set the timer for 2 hours when she was making cookies. Did not go well.
At the mission home




No comments:

Post a Comment