Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Week 60 "Totoong kulay ng buhok mo atay?"

Week 60

"Is that the real color of your hair?" I was getting my hair cleaned today and I think every single worker asked me that question. There were like 7 of them surrounding us, just sitting around chatting....they all left their patrons and everything to come look at my hair. Best thing of my life...of course we got all of their addresses to scout them out later and teach them :)  I love the Philippines oh so much.  Nicest people ever. 

Dear Fam and Friends, 

This week was a good one :) We had so many fun things going on and mostly I feel like we just taught and taught. There isn't a better week than one full of teaching about the gospel.  Being a missionary is so awesome. But we first started out with exchanges...we had 2 this week which finished us up with the transfer.  We had a lot of fun. 

Haha funny experience with exchanges. Sister Craig caught the fever, death sick but we had exchanges so Luby stayed home with her and I went out with Sister Ta'ofi from Australia. So we tagged team their area and ours, it was tons of fun. But it was our last appointment and of course I lost the phone/forgot it at the house and didn't get the text that Sister Craig and Sister Lubas went out to work. So we get to our last appointment and Sister Lubas and Craig are already teaching the lessons....haha we just joined in :) so we just crammed 4 missionaries into this little house and had a great lesson. :) We had a such good time. What a great day! 

Exchange with Sister Ta'ofi--on a Jeepney

We taught the Tripulca family and the Tatay actually stopped drinking for a few days so we could teach them as a whole family.  It was SO cool to teach a whole family and the Tatay is super interested.  We watched the Restoration and the kids loved it. We are going over there with the Bishop hopefully this week. So we hope we can have them come to church this Sunday :) So awesome. 

The Tripulca kiddies

We had a lot of cool finds and exploring in our area.  So we hope we'll be able to just see God work his way into the hearts of the people here.  But I am super excited for what's to come. 

We have transfers this week...I can't believe its already been another transfer...time is going by SO SO fast. I hate it!! :) 

Finish off with a spiritual note....I was flipping through the Book of Mormon during sacrament.  I just was feeling like I needed a little something extra to work on this next week. And so I flipped through and then I picked a random chapter and verse. And it so happened to be in Alma 32...and in verse 8 and 15 how we need to be "lowly of heart" and not "compelled to be humble."  It just reminded me that humility is such a holy attribute.  It kind of just felt like an answered prayer.  So often times we feel like maybe we need signs in our lives but often times i think we just need to be a little bit more humble and just a little bit better than we were yesterday.  

Scared for this week and whats gonna happen if I feel like I need to be more humble...wish me luck on that one haha :) 

Have a good week everyone! 

Love, 
Sister Zarbie--new one I heard this week (barbie and zarbock mixed) 

In our area :)
Pics with the Montana family...this little old lady is sooo sweet
Montana Family
Front view of a Jeepney
Rear view of a Jeepney
The Llarenes fam :) They are recent converts
We found Zion!!!  In the Philippines!  Who knew?







No comments:

Post a Comment