Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Week 4 MTC Life

Week 4 

Dear Family and Friends, 

Kumusta po everyone :) It is so good to be able to talk to you all again and it felt like this week went by so fast! The MTC days just continue to blend together and I can't believe I have already been here for 4 weeks! 

There were a lot of highlights from this week and one of them was when we went proselyting in the Quezon City North Mission. We met up with some of the missionaries from Quezon City around noon and we all got paired up with a missionary and I was assigned with Sister Araos, she is a filipino. We just got right to work! We walked pretty far to our area, rode jeepneys--crazy filipino taxi, and walked across tin bridges to get to our little village area. And we just got surrounded by little kids and started teaching! I couldn't understand a lot but it was seriously so fun! We taught a couple of families, shared scriptures--I was able to pray and testify in Tagalog and it was so awesome. I really just found that teaching less of sitting down and teaching lesson, but more of seeking the spirit and deciding what the person really needs to hear. But here I was in Quezon City, couldn't understand anything, probably butchered everything I said, in the hot sun but with all that said the spirit was still there and I really felt that the goal as a missionary is to be a vessel for the spirit. :) 

This really motivated me to try harder and be better at really listening to people. I know I don't have all the answers but God does. This area was Tin roofs, little shacks and dirt floors. It was really so humbling to be there and I couldn't be more excited for the chance I have to serve these amazing people and be able to do my best to invite the spirit in their homes :) 

The new batch of missionaries came this week and that was super fun! For the first couple of days it was just me and Sister Singer in our room but we got new roommates later in the week. They are so cute and shy, we have been trying to get them to come out of their shell haha :) The filipinos are so shy at first but as soon as you try to get to know them and talk to them they will talk to you about everything, I love it :) 

Our fake investigators are doing awesome. We had a couple of really good lessons this week. Both of our investigators came to church WHOOP WHOOP! Me and Sister Singer always have mini dance parties after we have a good lesson. I have just learned how important it is to really listen to the spirit and there have been so many little moments where the Gift of Tongues is so real! No I haven't taught a full lesson in Tagalog but I will remember certain words or phrases and it is really cool when it happens :) 

The food here is super good, we are definitely spoiled here. On Sunday, one of the counselors brought Balut which is an egg embryo kind of things--I don't really know how to describe it. It was one of the delicacies in the Philippines and everyone says you have to try it so I did! And it was SO gross and something I never have to try again but at least I can say I did it haha :)

Our Tuesday Devotionals are always so awesome and this week Elder Haynie of the Seventy came. Our batch of missionaries is so small we got to all talk to him for a bit and it was so cool! he talked a lot about how the Lord has sent the weak to perform his miracles (D&C 100:4) and it just got me thinking that by myself I am nothing but with God's help I am here to perform his miracles!--How cool is that? Something I have learned this week is to rely on the Lord and rely on the spirit :) 

Life is good this week and I have learned so much from the MTC--It really is just a never ending spiritual lesson and I absolutely love it :) 

Love, 

Sister Zarbock   


Abby sent videos of her "MTC Life" this week.  If you copy and paste each link you can view them!

Video 1:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6hC1Rc4Xr7OdGhXQ29tTi1JYlE/view

Video 2:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6hC1Rc4Xr7OcXBXSGg3Um5VMk0/view

Video 3:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6hC1Rc4Xr7OVTBKNEUxVkdrWTA/view

No comments:

Post a Comment